Refineries and petrochemical plants
Fire protection for refineries and petrochemical plants
Fires in commercial facilities, including specifically refineries and other petrochemical plants, produce a much faster and greater temperature buildup than in any other type of a building. In these conditions, most structural materials lose their original properties: steel gets weaker and concrete cracks off. Lining load-carrying structures with adequate refractory panels is one of the means of protecting facilities against such damage in fire.
Our business related to protections for the petrochemical industry includes fire-proofing them with:
- FENDOLITE MII products;
- PROMATECT H panels.
FENDOLITE MII fire protection system
Products: FENDOLITE MII fire-proofing mortar
The mortar is manufactured in the form of a dry mix of vermiculite, Portland cement and modifying additives. It is one of components of the system used to protect steel against rapid temperature buildup in hydrocarbon fires.
Applications: fire protection for steel structures against deterioration of load-carrying capacity in hydrocarbon fires
Fire resistance: protection for steel from R15 to R240
- No emission of toxic or hazardous fumes,
- easy to use and apply,
- no biodegradation,
- high quality and long lifetime of fire protection,
- excellent durability and resistance to physical damage,
- thin fire-proofing coat,
- suitable for increased humidity environments.
PROMATECT H panels
These are refractory silicate-cement panels featuring excellent insulating properties and resistance to high temperature buildup. No emission of harmful vapors or smoke during fire.
- Fire-proofing for steel structures,
- fire-proofing for ferroconcrete beams, posts, ceilings and walls.
- Steel protection from R15 to R240,
- concrete protection to REI 240.
- Outstanding stability and good physical properties in high temperature,
- durability for long lifetime,
- very agreeable appearance,
- easy to apply and workable,
- moisture resistance,
- good tolerance of multiple icing and de-icing cycles,
- no supporting structures required for post or beam enclosures.